You are here : News > News
Fire2

Electrical fire safety

Posted on 14 November 2017

One of the reasons we urge you to dispose of your old electrical gadgets properly is because they can be a fire risk.

This photo shows one of the large artics used by our contractor Viridor; the fire is thought to have been started by an electrical item that shouldn't have been there. It could have been the wires, or could have been a battery that rubbed, sparked and ignited.

Firefighters are chatting to people around the county about electrical fire safety in the home. But we are joining them to talk about choosing the right way to dispose of electrical goods - they can't go in the bin at home, doing that can put lives at risk.